"Personal Information" is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender.
"Non-Personal Information" is information that is typically collected, used or disclosed by us in a manner that it not identifiable to an individual (except where indicated herein), such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website, and aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website.
What type of Personal Information does ShopRoulstons.com collect and how is it used?
ShopRoulstons.com collects information that helps us process your purchases and personalize and improve your shopping experience. Here are examples of the types of information that we gather:
- Registration: In order to make purchases through the Website, you must register for an account and provide certain Personal Information to us such as your name and email address.
- Purchases: When you make a purchase through the Website, we may collect the following information: e-mail address, billing address, mailing address, pseudonyms, phone number, IP address, ShopRoulstons.com password, personal preferences, group affiliations, payment and billing information. During checkout, you have the option to have us remember your credit card number for future purchases. We do this using a technology called "payment tokenization". That's just a fancy way of saying we don't actually store your credit card number. Instead, when you complete a purchase we use your credit card number to obtain a secret token - a special random string of letters and numbers - from the credit card payment provider. Then, when you want to make your next purchase, instead of sending your credit card number to the credit card payment provider, we send the secret token. Just like all of our other financial transactions, this communication is set up to take place over a secure, encrypted communication line. We may use third party freight providers to deliver your purchases, and accordingly we share your name, phone number, email address and shipping address with such providers for the purposes of completing your delivery.
- Mobile Location Data: we may ask you if you want to give our website access to your mobile devices location. If you grant access to your mobile location, we may collect location data from your device for analytics and to better provide our Services to you.
- Communications with us: When you contact us through email, through submitting a customer review or survey, entering a contest on ShopRoulstons.com, or by telephone, we may collect the information that you provide to us in the course of the communication to help respond to you or for purposes related to your communication (e.g. administering the survey or contest).
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our customer care department at email@example.com.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services purchased through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases and used, for example, to help prevent and detect fraud.
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service that we offer or provide. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from a third party based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
In what circumstances do we disclose and transfer Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information with our service providers (e.g. website hosting providers, eCommerce software providers, payment processors, email service providers, freight carriers, third party marketing platforms, advertising networks, and IT providers to help us improve the Website) as reasonably needed for them to provide the relevant services to us. Our servers and service providers may be located in Canada and outside of Canada (e.g. in the United States) and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to government or other agencies pursuant to the laws of the relevant jurisdictions.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Website, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose Personal Information with your consent, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement a variety of measures (such as technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security measures) which are designed to protect the Personal Information that we collect, including measures to limit access to information only to staff who need access to perform their employment duties.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, we seek to protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by, for example, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your ShopRoulstons.com account information or your password to third parties. We will never ask you to provide such information to us by email.
Retention: We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as permitted or required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if permitted or required by law.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, subject to information which we are permitted or required to withhold.
We take steps to try to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. You have a responsibility to ensure that your information is kept up to date, including using the features of the Website and the App to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to request access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer in writing: Roulston's Discount Drugs, Ltd, Chief Privacy Officer, 17 Norfolk Street S., Simcoe, ON.N3Y 2V8 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: April, 2020